Monday, January 18, 2010

Eye of the Beholder


In contemporary art, whether it is 2 or 3 dimensional in nature, we experience different types of work, produced in a growing variety of mediums.  There are large color field paintings, non-objective work, pure abstraction, abstract expressionism, contemporary realism, super realism, or conceptual ideas and innovative installations.

As an artist, I try to appreciate what someone else has sought to convey or express. Sometimes I feel that I am successful and sometimes I am not.  
And then there are those incidental discoveries that both startle and delight us -
like the following image which "resides" on my work table:





Below, is an photo showing my work tables where you can see evidence of several interesting images!  These tables are on the porch of my studio and they are used when I scrape kiln shelves, re-coat those shelves with kiln wash, paint the metal backs for my glass paintings, scrub the glass in my old restaurant double sink, use my airbrush, or attempt any number of other messy chores! 

   


And here are more 'transitory images' from the table surfaces:











 I like each of these for different reasons.  I think I could  have made them a little "cleaner" with minimal adjustment in Photo-shop. However, these are as you see them.  "What  Is, Is"  has a place, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment